The task of cleaning one’s room may seem like a hectic job. So, have you ever wondered who is responsible for managing and maintaining the hygiene of large buildings like office establishments and hotels, especially in specific places like hospitals where the need for sanitation is of utmost importance?
Large organisations outsource this task to commercial office cleaning services. They include professional cleaners that undertake the job of cleaning.
The importance of hiring a commercial cleaning service is immense.
- As they are professional cleaning services, they have advanced tools that make cleaning efficient and effective.
- By outsourcing these activities, the management can focus on more important matters.
- They can provide a cleaner and safer environment to work in. This adds to employee productivity.
- These jobs are good ways to provide employment opportunities to the uneducated population who are unable to get white-collar jobs.
The demerits may not be numerous but it is significant and should be taken into consideration.
- These commercial cleaning services entail a higher cost than cleaning in-house.
- The responsibility of maintaining hygiene is completely decentralised.
- Management may have to monitor the work quality.
Although the cleaning industry has a competitive nature, the workers’ pay scale is quite low, and the job is even looked down upon. Due to the lack of vocational courses in this market, it necessitates on-the-job training for new employees.
It is also mandatory for the workers, in some organisations, to go through a criminal record check, especially if they are working in schools or childcare homes.
The aftermath of the pandemic
The pandemic had a worse impact on every sector. Cleaning services were also out of business for a major part of 2020. But now as all the industries are picking up pace, the cleaning services are required more than ever.
The now-cautious organisations especially in the hospitality sector now have to depend upon these services to attract customers. They now focus mainly on sanitization and disinfectant along with their other routine activities. Even these cleaning services had to modify and advance their working according to the pandemic. The hygiene standards and people’s expectations have increased after 2020 making the cleaning industry a competitive sector.